From: Hart, Darren
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 7:52 PM
To: Richard Purdie
Cc: Bodke, Kishore K; yocto@...
Subject: Re: [yocto] linux-yocto-rt build fail for sugarbay bsp on grub recipe

On 08/30/2011 05:11 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:
On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 16:59 -0700, Bodke, Kishore K wrote:
Hello All,

I am trying to build linux-yocto with rt kernel for sugarbay bsp and
it fails for the grub recipe.

Attached is the build log.

kishore@kishore-desktop:/usr/local/src/crf/test/buildsugarbayrt$
bitbake -e | egrep "^WARN_QA="

WARN_QA="dev-so rpaths debug-deps dev-deps debug-files arch la2
pkgconfig desktop la ldflags perms useless-rpaths"

kishore@kishore-desktop:/usr/local/src/crf/test/buildsugarbayrt$
bitbake -e | egrep "^ERROR_QA="

kishore@kishore-desktop:/usr/local/src/crf/test/buildsugarbayrt$

Please let me know what could be the issue.
Could you include the config.log file mentioned in the error report
please?

This should be somewhere like
usr/local/src/crf/test/buildsugarbayrt/tmp/work/x86_64-poky-linux/grub-1.98-r1/*/config.log
I replied with this and a comparison file, but it was rejected due to
being over 200k :(.

Short of it is that Kishore's config.log shows it picking up the
freetype libs from his host system. The patch I proposed adds a DEPENDS
to grub on freetype.

Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center
Yocto Project - Linux Kernel