Minutes: Yocto Technical Team Meeting - (August 30, 2011 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada))
Liu, Song <song.liu@...>
Paul, Beth, Jessica, Tom, Scott, Richard, Darren, Denys, Mark, Josh, Matthew, Dave, Bruce
* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.1 M4 status review and issues - 20 min (team) https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.1_Release_Criteria#Milestone_
- Status summary
1. We are making good progress on bug fixes. Fixed 10 more bugs last week than the week before. (if we keep this acceleration, we should not have many medium bugs left before RC1). If you look at the bug trend chart, our weighted defect density number is pretty close to our lowest point in history. So great work, thank you all for your hard work in the past weeks.
2. All M4 tasks on schedule are still on track.
3. ScottR will follow up with Jessica on ADT and HOB videos.
- Build status (Beth)
* Have some issues with autobuilder master, resolving them. In the process of upgrading autobuilder infrastructure. Will run autobuilder on both the existing and upgraded infrastructure. Will compare build images this Wednesday, if everything is well, will complete the upgrade this week. New infrastructure will improve build performance significantly.
* Will have autobuilder down time this Thursday.
- Build performance: We had many new features in Yocto 1.1, which impacted our build performance. At this point, there seems nothing we can do for this in the 1.1 timeframe. So we don't have any release target for build performance. Although, Dongxiao has signed up to do some analysis and improvement on build performance.
1. Paul: supported distros for yocto 1.1
- Song will send the list of distros we support to Paul and Scott. (done, also updated the wiki page: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.1_Release_Criteria#Milestone_4 with this )
- We should create a list of distros that the community have tested and include that list in our release document. (Song will talk to Jiajun about this)
- Beth will add this list in the release check list.
- Dave will consider adding a new feature for Yocto 1.2: automating distros we test