From: Darren Hart [dvhart@...]
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 10:12 PM
To: G Rajender
Cc: yocto@...
Subject: Re: [yocto] minimal yocto images not booting on Beagleboard-xM rev B

On 07/06/2011 07:00 AM, G Rajender wrote:
Hi,

I am new to Yocto project and Beagleboard.

I am using Beagleboard-xM rev B. I got the information about Yocto
project by search. Yocto is a good open platform for Embedded developers
for target specific architectures.

I have started working on Yocto project to build a LTP (Linux Test
Project) Test frame work for Beagleboard-xM rev B. I have downloaded the
Yocto release 1.0.1 and Beagleboard-xM BSP from the Yocto website. I
have installed the Yocto project poky build tool and demo image in my
Host PC (Ubuntu 10.04)as per poky quick start guide.

*Now I am trying to execute the meta-bsp (meta-beagleboard) binaries
(built images) on beagleboard-xM rev B as per README. Hardware file. But
the beagleboard-xM revision B is not booting with theses BSP images.*
Hi Rajender,

Welcome to the Yocto Project.

We just recently completed a major overhaul to the meta-yocto
beagleboard BSP, bringing it closer in line with the
meta-texasinstruments BSP. I have tested on a C4 and an xM Rev A. I have
reports of it working on rev B and not working on rev C, which we are
looking into.

For the best Yocto beagleboard support, I suggest building from the git
repository until the 1.1 release later this year.

--
Darren

* *

*Also I want add the Beagleboard BSP to the BBlayers of poky. I am
unable to understand the procedure explained in BSP developer’s guide.*

*Can anyone suggest or share the experiences about above problems.*

Thanks in advance and looking for your kind response.

Thanks and regards,

Rajender.G

*Larsen & Toubro Limited

www.larsentoubro.com

*This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do
not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it
from your system.

Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center
Yocto Project - Linux Kernel