From: yocto-bounces@... [mailto:yocto-
bounces@...] On Behalf Of Stefano Babic
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:11 AM
To: yocto@...
Subject: [yocto] Deploying Yocto build images

Hi everybody,

in the last ELCE, David point out in his presentation that we should
improve how to deploy Yocto images on the target.

I did some work this year to provide a reliable way for some customers
of us to install Yocto's images in field, and I have published last
week the sources. Here the link of the announcement:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.embedded.eldk/2397

Mainly, it is a tool that can be stored in the rootfs or will be put in
a separate initrd image and whose goal is only to update the system. I
have tried to describe pros and cons of several different solutions
(updating via bootloader ? single copy against dual copy ?) - you can
find details in the doc directory in the swupdate repository.

Maybe someone of you can find this helpful, and I will be happy if I
could get some feedback.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic