Re: Discovering available Perl modules OR writing recipes for your own

mulhern <mulhern@...>

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Trevor Woerner <trevor.woerner@...> wrote:
On 25 July 2013 09:25, mulhern <mulhern@...> wrote:
> It's
> nice of you to point out for me the location of that one but what about the
> more like 15 or so others I didn't list and where they might or might not be
> hiding?

I was hoping you'd notice that there is a web-based search tool you
can use to try to find various already-written recipes:
http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/

I did. It's only as good as the occasionally inaccurate description strings, though. I was hoping for something more programmatic and less susceptible to programmer error.

If you can't find a module you're interested in through that interface
then you'll have to write it yourself (and hopefully contribute it
back to the community) :-)

I'm interning for Yocto this summer, so I think that withholding isn't an option ;) But I don't want to litter the project with unnecessary and redundant recipe files.

- mulhern