Re: Documenting YP Development Environment in more detail - user configuration

Rifenbark, Scott M <scott.m.rifenbark@...>

Ok - I was told there was just a single version of oe-init-build-env. So that must be not quite right. What I will likely do is in the supporting text for the figure get into some detail on just where these pieces are. That would be a good opportunity to maybe present some text around that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Balister [mailto:philip@balister.org]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 9:56 AM
To: Rifenbark, Scott M
Cc: Burton, Ross; Robert P. J. Day; yocto@yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [yocto] Documenting YP Development Environment in more
detail - user configuration

On 06/24/2013 11:08 AM, Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:
My figure is for Yocto Project documentation so I am going to show
that oe-init-build-env gets information from meta-yocto. I understand
that OE-Core sample files are in "meta". There is a single oe-init-
build-env script and it looks in one of two places.

Actually, the script is in two places, the root level of a poky checkout
and in the oe-core directory.

Explaining how poky is built up from oe-core + meta-yocto +
meta-yocto-bsp + some other stuff would be really helpful in reducing
confusion over what all the pieces are and where they come from.

Philip

Scott