Re: IMHO, cross-compile/toolchain examples should use non-x86 arches

Sean Liming <sean.liming@...>

Jessica and Mark,

Thank you for the responses. It appears that there is another thread on the
same subject. Let me feedback what I am seeing and hearing:

The quick start guide
(http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/yocto-project-qs/yocto-project-qs.
html) and various presentation slides showing the Poky Work Flow / Yocto
Project Development Environment show an output of the image and Application
Development SDK. When I include the option to build the SDK in a Yoicto1.3
Danny build, I see in the /../tmp/deploy/sdk is the ADT installer. To me the
ADT installer installs the toolchain and the rootfs to build applications.
Also, the ADT installer only installs a rootfs based on pre-set images like
core-image-sato, core-image-minimal, etc., and doesn't address a custom
rootfs that may have more or less support than the standard images. The
Eclipse plug in adds the capability to Eclipse to link to the toolchain and
rootfs installed by the ADT installer.

Does this sound correct?

Regards,

Sean Liming