Re: libva failing for mp4 using gstreamer under 'danny' with cedartrail BSP


Chris Tapp
 

On 13 Dec 2012, at 22:38, Ross Burton wrote:

On Thursday, 13 December 2012 at 22:22, Chris Tapp wrote:
Good catch. This shows there is no video/x-surface decoder available. Off to find which plugin I need...

I should have thought of trying that. Thanks! I'll have to find out why my gstreamer error handler isn't spotting the problem!
Yeah… that's a bug I meant to fix in danny-next but failed. Install gst-plugins-xvimagesink (or something like that, not at my work machines right now).
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

It's possible that you've got some horrible GLES/VA interaction, specifically the download from VA-land to however you're getting the video into the textures. Speaking of which, how are you getting from frames to textures?
I'm using appsink to give me access to the raw pixel data which I then glTexSubImage into a texture. I'm using appsink as I've got legacy code that uses it for an SDL app. I may try and switch to gstreamer GL plugin support when I find the best option ;-)
There'll be a better way - gstreamer-gl is worth a look at if you can assume VAAPI you should be able to construct a fairly efficient vaapi-gl pipeline (with gstreamer 1.0 I believe you'll be able to get zero-copy)
I had a quick scan of that the other day and thought it looked like it would be worth a try. I'm hoping to be able to stick with the DN2800MT board for a while, so VAAPI will be available. Zero-copy would be really nice :-)

Ross

Chris Tapp

opensource@...
www.keylevel.com

Join yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org to automatically receive all group messages.