Re: IMAGE_INSTALL_append workflow
On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Trevor Woerner <twoerner@...> wrote:
I haven't yet figured out if the "PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel =No, it is not related, this problem doesn't need any fancy
configuration features. This problem is reproducible
with just the plain qemux86 machine and the core-image-minimal image.
Also, before my latest tests I pulled
the latest git repo.
To reproduce this problem:
- use the latest git repositories
- run "source poky/oe-init-build-env qemux86"
- make no modifications to conf/bblayers.conf
- make no changes to conf/local.conf
- run "bitbake core-image-minimal"
After that completes successfully add the following line to your
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " trace-cmd"
- re-run the build "bitbake core-image-minimal"
This should complete successfully. When it does, modify the last line
of conf/local.conf to be:
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " trace-cmd bash"
- try re-running the build now "bitbake core-image-minimal". It fails
for me as I have detailed in my previous emails.
If I manually do:
$ bitbake bash
$ bitbake core-image-minimal
everything succeeds and my image contains 'bash'. But something tells
me there's a bug in there somewhere.