Re: What builds 'netbase'?

Tian, Kevin <kevin.tian@...>

From: Gary Thomas
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2011 12:16 AM

On 02/19/2011 07:58 AM, Chris Tapp wrote:
I want to make some changes to /etc/interfaces.

It looks to me as if this this comes from 'netbase', but what do I need to
rebuild to get my changes in to the rootfs? i.e. is there something I can

bitbake -c clean ???; bitbake ???

to get my changes in to the rootfs image?

I tried cleaning 'netbase', but that made no difference when I then 'bitbake
poky-image-minimal'.

Did you clean the shared state (sstate-cache) info that I told you about
yesterday?
I think we should extend checksum to cover local files/patches, instead of just
recipe variables. This way old sstate cache will be automatically invalided due
to different checksum from /etc/interfaces change.

On the other hand, bitbake task scheduling is done in a reverse order, i.e.
starting from poky-image-minimal.do_build, and then the task including netbase
and then netbase. Here if you bump up PR for netbase, the dependency is considered
and then all the recipes recursively depending on netbase will be rebuilt automatically.
If you don't want to bump up PR, then you have to also manually clean up
task-poky-boot to make sure new netbase outputs integrated in new minimal image.

Thanks
Kevin