Multiconfig support for Toaster?

Merx, Thomas

Hi all,

I have a project using a multiconfig setup. When I'm building an image using one of the defined multiconfigs, and check the content of the toaster created database, then it seems parsing of the events does not really support multiconfig. E.g. the build name is showing three entries, two times "mc" and the third name is containing the image name appended with ":do_build". Is my assumption correct, that multiconfig is not supported yet? Is it planned to enable this in the near future? Is somebody working on this and needs some support in testing it?

Thanks and best regards,
Thomas

Richard Purdie

Hi,

On Wed, 2020-12-09 at 08:07 -0800, thomas.merx@intel.com wrote:
I have a project using a multiconfig setup. When I'm building an
image using one of the defined multiconfigs, and check the content of
the toaster created database, then it seems parsing of the events
does not really support multiconfig. E.g. the build name is showing
three entries, two times "mc" and the third name is containing the
image name appended with ":do_build". Is my assumption correct, that
multiconfig is not supported yet? Is it planned to enable this in the
near future? Is somebody working on this and needs some support in
testing it?
Unfortunately we're struggling to attract developers to work on
maintaining and developing toaster so I'd suspect new features like
this are unlikely to become supported unless someone steps up to do it.

There are some people continuing to work on it but I know they have
limited time so new feature support like this would be a low priority.

Merx, Thomas

Hi Richard,

thanks for letting me know. As this feature is interesting for me, I will spend some time on it and try to enable it.

Cheers,
Thomas

[...]

Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Gary Kershaw
Registered Office: Munich