Date 1 - 2 of 2
Further info on the fetch issues in meta-aws
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is a bit of an issue with meta-aws
and it may be more serious then we originally thought.
I've been trying to fix some fetcher issues and came up with a fix:
and some tests:
however the newly added error shows issues in meta-aws:
In the first commit linked above I explain why the lack of use of get_srcrev()
is a problem:
Where a git url uses a tag instead of a full source revision, breakage
can currently occur in builds. Issues include:
* the revision being looked up in multiple tasks (fetch and unpack)
* the risk a different revision may be obtained in those tasks
* that some tasks may not be allowed to access the network
* that a revision may not be consistent throughout a given build
* rerunning a specific task may given inconsistent results
and I suspect these are things you care about.
You don't have to set PV to include SRCPV, you could just call
bb.fetch2.get_srcrev(d) manually in those recipes instead.
This probably explains some of the previous strange behaviour for some of the
Hi Richardtoggle quoted message Show quoted text
Thank you for the great work and feedback.
I think Nathan did complete the switchover on our master-next and we were planning on cutting it over to the mainline today or Monday. Will take the time to reconcile this before we do so.
On Feb 10, 2022, at 18:04, Richard Purdie <richard.purdie@...> wrote:
|1 - 2 of 2|