Further info on the fetch issues in meta-aws
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is a bit of an issue with meta-aws
and it may be more serious then we originally thought.
I've been trying to fix some fetcher issues and came up with a fix:
and some tests:
however the newly added error shows issues in meta-aws:
In the first commit linked above I explain why the lack of use of get_srcrev()
is a problem:
Where a git url uses a tag instead of a full source revision, breakage
can currently occur in builds. Issues include:
* the revision being looked up in multiple tasks (fetch and unpack)
* the risk a different revision may be obtained in those tasks
* that some tasks may not be allowed to access the network
* that a revision may not be consistent throughout a given build
* rerunning a specific task may given inconsistent results
and I suspect these are things you care about.
You don't have to set PV to include SRCPV, you could just call
bb.fetch2.get_srcrev(d) manually in those recipes instead.
This probably explains some of the previous strange behaviour for some of the