k3s (kirkstone) segfaults when run on hardware


Anthony Davies
 

Hi,

I have created an image that includes k3s. When my hardware boots and I attempt to execute k3s straight out segfaults, output from "k3s --debug" and no logs are created.

On #meta-virt it was suggested to try another go program on my image, I installed "go-helloworld" which runs successfully.

Regards,

Tony Davies


Bruce Ashfield
 

On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 7:28 PM Anthony Davies
<anthony.t.davies@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have created an image that includes k3s. When my hardware boots and I attempt to execute k3s straight out segfaults, output from "k3s --debug" and no logs are created.
What are the details of your hardware ? k3s is running fine for me on
everything that I have available. So we'll need to try and figure out
some differences.

Bruce

On #meta-virt it was suggested to try another go program on my image, I installed "go-helloworld" which runs successfully.

Regards,

Tony Davies



--
- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end
- "Use the force Harry" - Gandalf, Star Trek II


Anthony Davies
 

Hi Bruce,

The board that is having problems is a Radxa Rock 3A https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock3/3a

Regards,

Tony 

On Wed, 30 Nov 2022, 14:21 Bruce Ashfield, <bruce.ashfield@...> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 7:28 PM Anthony Davies
<anthony.t.davies@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have created an image that includes k3s. When my hardware boots and I attempt to execute k3s straight out segfaults, output from "k3s --debug" and no logs are created.
>

What are the details of your hardware ? k3s is running fine for me on
everything that I have available. So we'll need to try and figure out
some differences.

Bruce

> On #meta-virt it was suggested to try another go program on my image, I installed "go-helloworld" which runs successfully.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tony Davies
>
>
>


--
- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end
- "Use the force Harry" - Gandalf, Star Trek II


Anthony Davies
 

I should also clarify I am building using musl.

On Wed, 30 Nov 2022 at 14:23, Anthony Davies via lists.yoctoproject.org <anthony.t.davies=gmail.com@...> wrote:

Hi Bruce,

The board that is having problems is a Radxa Rock 3A https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock3/3a

Regards,

Tony 

On Wed, 30 Nov 2022, 14:21 Bruce Ashfield, <bruce.ashfield@...> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 7:28 PM Anthony Davies
<anthony.t.davies@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have created an image that includes k3s. When my hardware boots and I attempt to execute k3s straight out segfaults, output from "k3s --debug" and no logs are created.
>

What are the details of your hardware ? k3s is running fine for me on
everything that I have available. So we'll need to try and figure out
some differences.

Bruce

> On #meta-virt it was suggested to try another go program on my image, I installed "go-helloworld" which runs successfully.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tony Davies
>
>
>


--
- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end
- "Use the force Harry" - Gandalf, Star Trek II