Re: "FILESEXTRAPATHS_append" error in openvswitch_git.bb

Peter Kjellerstedt

-----Original Message-----
From: meta-virtualization@... <meta-
virtualization@...> On Behalf Of Richard Purdie
Sent: den 6 april 2021 15:59
To: Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield@...>; Robert P. J. Day
<rpjday@...>
Cc: meta-virtualization@...
Subject: Re: [meta-virtualization] "FILESEXTRAPATHS_append" error in
openvswitch_git.bb

On Tue, 2021-04-06 at 09:13 -0400, Bruce Ashfield wrote:
On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 9:07 AM Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@...>
wrote:

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 8:40 AM Robert P. J. Day
<rpjday@...> wrote:

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 5:35 AM Robert P. J. Day
<rpjday@...> wrote:

  this doesn't look right, but i don't know how one wants to
resolve
it:
What part doesn't look right ? I don't see any issues with it.

Bruce

  FILESEXTRAPATHS_append := "${THISDIR}/${PN}-git:"
  isn't the colon on the wrong end?
In a quick scan of other layers, they are all leaving the variable
in
the same state (with a trailing colon), whether they are using
_prepend or _append.
  i beg to differ -- here's a single example:

  meta-intel/recipes-core/zlib/zlib-intel_1.2.11.1.jtkv6.3.bb:
    FILESEXTRAPATHS_append = ":${COREBASE}/meta/recipes-core/zlib/zlib"
Do a build with that. You have a double colon, so you found a bad
example, unless the double colon is expected.

FILESEXTRAPATHS="__default::/home/poky/meta/recipes-core/zlib/zlib"
Anything using append should be adding a leading colon, anything
prepending should be adding a trailing one.

I suspect we need an audit and cleanup of several layers...

Normally, I would agree with you. However, the definition of FILESEXTRAPATHS in
meta/conf/bitbake.conf contradicts that:

FILESEXTRAPATHS ?= "__default:"

The benefit of that (I guess) is that the added string looks the same whether
_prepend or _append is used. At the same time it is a bit confusing since
this is not the normal pattern for adding to a colon-separated variable.

//Peter

Join meta-virtualization@lists.yoctoproject.org to automatically receive all group messages.