imx8mn evk

Richard Röjfors <richard.rojfors@...>

Hi list,

They have some sumo based stuff, which is pretty old and not so interesting at this stage.

Waiting for NXP is not an option so I'm getting it to work in zeus.

Anyone knowing if NXP's has a upstream schedule for the nano EVK?
In general will NXP will upstream or do we (the community) have to do it ourselves...?

Thanks in advance
--Richard

Andrey Zhizhikin

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 10:50 AM Richard Röjfors
<richard.rojfors@...> wrote:

Hi list,

They have some sumo based stuff, which is pretty old and not so interesting at this stage.

Waiting for NXP is not an option so I'm getting it to work in zeus.
I've tested i.MX8M Mini with Zeus and master - they are both
functional. There are some messages circulating around about the state
of GPU support of FB which is lacking but since I'm not interested in
those - it's working pretty well.

Anyone knowing if NXP's has a upstream schedule for the nano EVK?
Would be interested in that info as well, since EVK is already available.

In general will NXP will upstream or do we (the community) have to do it ourselves...?
Let's see if someone from NXP can comment on this.

Thanks in advance
--Richard
Andrey.

Andrey Zhizhikin

Hello Richard,

<richard.rojfors@...> wrote:

Anyone knowing if NXP's has a upstream schedule for the nano EVK?
Would be interested in that info as well, since EVK is already available.
i.MX8M Nano EVK support has been merged into the meta-freescale layer,
you can try to build it off the master branch now.

Andrey.

Richard Röjfors <richard.rojfors@...>

Hi,

Thanks,!
Right now its a bit of head ache to switch to master, but I reviewed the files;
It basically looks like my private patches, except I'm using a slightly older older firmware-imx,
so it looks promising!

BR
Richard

Den tors 9 jan. 2020 kl 09:27 skrev Andrey Zhizhikin <andrey.z@...>:

Hello Richard,

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 11:00 AM Andrey Zhizhikin <andrey.z@...> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 10:50 AM Richard Röjfors
> <richard.rojfors@...> wrote:
> >

> > Anyone knowing if NXP's has a upstream schedule for the nano EVK?
>
> Would be interested in that info as well, since EVK is already available.

i.MX8M Nano EVK support has been merged into the meta-freescale layer,
you can try to build it off the master branch now.

Andrey.

Andrey Zhizhikin

Hello Richard,

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 10:39 AM Richard Röjfors
<richard.rojfors@...> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,!
Right now its a bit of head ache to switch to master, but I reviewed the files;
What is the particular problem of switching to [master] branch do you have?

I hear this from a lot of people, but never had it myself... I
actually was building [master] from the Day 1 and recently brought
patches which solves (partially I have to admit) python2/3 migration.
The only thing I've realized today the there are few recipes in
-distro layer which should be adapted, but in general it builds OK.

Can you please share what you have, I might have a look if this could
be solved relatively easy?