From: Fabio Estevam <festevam@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2021 5:12 PM
To: Val Kondratenko <valeriy.kondratenko@...>
Cc: Otavio Salvador <otavio.salvador@...>; meta-freescale@...
Subject: Re: [meta-freescale] Safe to upgrade to a Community BSP?

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 5:19 PM Val Kondratenko <valeriy.kondratenko@...> wrote:

OK thanks.

Next question - does it have full support for imx7d?
Yes, imx7d is well supported in the mainline kernel.

I noticed (as I am attempting to apply patches we use), that /arch/arm/mach-imx/cpuidle-imx7d.c exists in the 5.4.X.imx version we are currently using, but is not present in 5.12. But mach-imx7d.c is.
Will I have to add files (via patches) to fully support imx7d?
cpuidle is supported via PSCI implementation in U-Boot.

I suggest you to use U-Boot mainline too.

Join meta-freescale@lists.yoctoproject.org to automatically receive all group messages.