Re: Want to use linux-fslc 5.10 with Dunfell

Brian Hutchinson

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 2:45 AM Peter Bergin <peter@...> wrote:
Hi Brian,

On 2021-03-01 20:59, Brian Hutchinson wrote:
> Can someone school me on how this works?  I guess I don't know or
> understand the relationship between linux-fslc and linux-fslc-imx
> recipies in meta-freescale/recipies-kernel/linux

you have a bit more info in this thread
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/meta-freescale/topic/80897983.

And you can also read the information in the recipes about different
kernels their sources and how they are composed.

linux-fslc-imx:
https://github.com/Freescale/meta-freescale/blob/9de81869018e78b8b861513735b85c2dbc33ca0b/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-fslc-imx_5.4.bb#L12

linux-fslc:
https://github.com/Freescale/meta-freescale/blob/9de81869018e78b8b861513735b85c2dbc33ca0b/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-fslc_5.10.bb#L7

My view on this is that linux-fslc is mainline based and linux-fslc-imx
is NXP based.

Best regards,
/Peter

Thanks Peter,

That helps a lot.  It was my intent to be using FSL kernel and turns out I've been using linux-fslc-imx thus far.  When I first started working on NXP SoC (switched from TI about a year ago) I was using NXP releases and discovered the hard way their new releases were mainly geared at new boards so that's when I switched to fslc.

Regards,

Brian

Join meta-freescale@lists.yoctoproject.org to automatically receive all group messages.