Re: Wireguard recipe

Bas Mevissen

On 2021-02-26 15:06, Zunzunegui Abad, Mario-Sergio wrote:
Airbus Amber
Hello Bas.
The result is the same.
I have added to my
sources/meta-freescale/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-core.bb the
following IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " \
kernel-devsrc \
wireguard-tools \
wireguard-module \
"
That looks OK to me.

kernel-devsrc is for adding kernel headers.
Exactly the same, I can generate private and public keys with command
"wg genkey . .. ."
But when I run "modprobe wireguard" the result is
modprobe: FATAL: Module wireguard not found.
Please check that the package wireguard-module (in your Yocto build) indeed contains a valid kmod for the kernel you actually run.
If so, check that this kmod is on the target for the kernel you actually run. If not, install the package manually.

Maybe it is good to share what you are actually using. Yocto version, kernel version, board type etc.

Regards,

Bas.

I think I am not adding the module properly.
Any other Idea?
Thank you very much
On 2021-02-22 16:28, Zunzunegui Abad, Mario-Sergio wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
Hello.
I am trying to install WireGuard in Yocto.
I have included the code and recipe and compiled all with bitbake
and generated an image.
I have added the code provided by NXP in folder
sources/meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-kernel.
Also added "wireguard-tools" in IMAGE_INSTALL_append in
meta-freescale/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-core.bb, then run
"bitbake fsl-image-core"
I can generate public and private keys with wg command.
But when I try to configure WireGuard, it seems that it is not
loaded the module.
root@vpx3-152:~# modprobe wireguard
modprobe: FATAL: Module wireguard not found.
root@vpx3-152:~#
What I am doing wrong?
Aren't you missing the kmod-wireguard package in your image?

Regards.
#Yocto-wireguard
The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not
be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to
this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Airbus
immediately and delete this e-mail.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or
completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks.
If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its
Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated
virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem
to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are
virus free.

Join meta-freescale@lists.yoctoproject.org to automatically receive all group messages.