Re: [yocto] Support UBI u-boot

Gabriele <gabbla.malist@...>

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 2:55 AM JH <jupiter.hce@...> wrote:
Hi Gabriele,

On 2/6/20, Gabriele Zampieri <gabbla.malist@...> wrote:
> As far as I know uboot (usually virtual/bootloader) does not have a task to
> run menuconfig directly from bitbake.
> I usually have a local clone of uboot and I simply run `make [...]
> menuconfig|savedefconfig` , then I create a patch
> to add my defconfig (custom_defconfig) to configs/ and specify
> UBOOT_MACHINE = "custom_defconfig"

Are there any document to use cross compiler tools to build u-boot-imx
on Ubuntu 18 host machine? It seems that build environment will not be
the same as the Yocto build environment I am currently running on
Ubuntu 18 host.

I compile uboot using the Yocto generated SDK. Simply
source /opt/poky/.../env-script
make -j4

If you just want to run the menuconfig run
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- menuconfig
and
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- savedefconfig
In any environment.
Thank you Gabriele for great helps.

Kind regards,

- jh